If you’re planning a kitchen remodel, check out the trends in cabinetry. Your cabinets can make your kitchen look brand new, and they can give you a whole new outlook on kitchen efficiency. Tell yourcustom remodeler how you use your kitchen. Is it for entertaining, cooking or baking? If you like to grill, then consider an island with a grill and cabinetry to house it. From HGTV and Better Homes and Gardens come these trends:
- Cabinet color – There’s more than just the neutrals vying for a space in your kitchen. Cabinets can be painted, stained or ordered in customized colors. Believe it or not, black is a hot color right now. Coupled with stainless steel appliances, you’ve got a knock-out room.
- Cabinet storage – multi-tiered doors, hydraulic doors and cabinet dividers make it easy to store odd-shaped items like muffin tins, cookie sheets and cooling racks. In addition, stacking drawers inside cabinets and drawers with built-in dividers are popular as cabinet makers embrace the customer’s needs for organization and space-saving features.
- Floor-to-ceiling cabinetry – these long cabinets not only take up any dead space in the kitchen, they also provide extra storage space. Along with the tall cabinetry, we’re also seeing cubby holes, recessed shelving, and glass-enclosed storage areas.
- Pantry cabinets – Like a miniature version of the pantry, these cabinets can keep dry goods up to three years, and keep them organized forever.
- Refacing cabinetry – Refacing your existing cabinetry is also a way to find cost efficiency. Simple, clean and contemporary is the most popular, as the trend is to eliminate clutter and keep things organized.