It’s not often that we toot our own horn at Thomas Custom Builders, but because this is a blog, every once in a while, we reserve some space to do that. Angie’s List, a website that provides a resource of consumer reviews and comments on various contractors and service providers, bestowed the “Super Service Award” on Thomas Custom Builders. Apparently, this honor is given to less than five percent of contractors listed on their site. What we find flattering: it came from our customers. Companies can’t pay to be on the site. The reviews are honest and cover service and price and provide a letter grade for overall performance. Our thanks to our customers who helped us make the A+ grade.
Earning this recognition didn’t come lightly. Here’s our definition of Super Service:
- Respect the client. Always.
- Consult, don’t sell. We know that people who are considering remodeling don’t need a fast-talking sales person. They need advice, ideas and honest communication.
- Be honest about the realities of the job. We let our customers know if the budget is out of whack, if they’re expecting too much for the money, or if it’s going to take longer than anticipated. We set realistic expectations.
- Be professional. Always.
- Be accessible. This has to be among the biggest complaints from people in the market for remodeling contractors – no one calls them back for days at a time. What kind of business management is that? We call back in a timely manner or we actually answer on the first try. We let our customers know where and how to find us.
- Respect everyone’s time – especially the homeowner. We’re there when we say we’ll be there or we call to let you know. We do the job efficiently so that we’re not taking up everyone’s time.
Thanks for letting us give you the Super Service you deserve!